Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Pulled Pork...

I have a lot of recipes that I don't really follow, they are just in my head and I throw everything in differently each time I make it. Sometimes I add different ingredients or leave some out depending on what I'm making and what mood I'm in. Pulled pork is one of those things that I just throw together and it's a bit different each time I make it. Everyone probably already knows how to make pulled pork and has their own version, but I am always curious as to how different people do different things. So here is how I do pulled pork:


I don't even know what kind of roasts I buy. I do tenderloin sometimes and other times I just buy one that looks good and looks like it has the least amount of white stuff... fat! I always buy boneless and I always buy the ones without the skin because it grosses me out too much! Any roast buying tips anyone has would be great for me! :)


I rinse the roast in warm water and then cut anymore white stuff that I can find on it. Some roasts have some thick fat and I don't like to cook it in the fat so I try to remove as much as possible. I put it in the bottom of the slow cooker and season it with seasoning salt and minced garlic. Then I pour Dr. Pepper over the top so there is a couple inches of liquid in the bottom. I let it slow cook overnight or all day. Long enough that it falls apart with no problem. If it's still tough then I let it cook longer.


After it's completely shredded I start dumping stuff in. This is where it gets different each time I make it. I start with BBQ sauce and stir it in. Then I pour ketchup, mustard, brown sugar, soy sauce and whatever else is sounding good that day. :) Stir it all together and serve as sandwiches, salads, burritos or whatever we are in the mood for! There is probably a better way to make pulled pork, but that is how I've been doing it! I'm curious... how do you prepare your pulled pork???

No comments:

Post a Comment