Monday, September 6, 2010

Harvest Hamburger Soup...

1 pound Ground Beef
1/2 onion, chopped
1 (10.5 oz) cans Beef Consome
2 cups Water
1 1/2 cups fresh tomatoes
or 1 (12 oz) can diced tomatoes
2 tbsp. Sugar
1 1/2 cups fresh corn
or 1 (11 oz) can corn
2 Carrots, peeled and sliced
4 Potatoes, peeled and diced
1 tsp. Taco Seasoning
Salt and Pepper to taste
1 cup grated Mozzarella Cheese


*Brown ground beef and onion. In a large sauce pan combine all ingredients except cheese. Cook uncovered until vegetables are tender. Add grated cheese to individual servings. Makes 6 servings.


*I usually alter most recipes. This one I usually add more carrots and less potatoes because we like carrots better. I don't follow the exact portions for the veggies either, just throw in what looks good. My friends and I used to make this all the time in Nova Scotia on cold, rainy days which we had plenty of! I got this recipe originally from The Essential Mormon Cookbook. It's one of my favorites!

*Served with garlic-butter french bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment